On 25th November 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the upcoming Noida International Airport at Jewar, Uttar Pradesh. This Greenfield airport would be the fourth largest international airport globally and is in line with the Modi government`s vision of boosting connectivity and creating a future-ready aviation sector in India.
With this upcoming airport, Uttar Pradesh will become the only state in India to have five functional airports. The Greenfield Noida International Airport will be spread over in approx. 1,330 acres of land. The first phase of the Airport will entail an investment of Rs 8,914 crore. It will be developed by Yamuna International Airport Pvt Ltd (YIAPL), in which Zurich Airport International AG has a shareholding.
The Noida International Airport at Jewar will be developed in four phases over the next 30 years. Initially, the airport will have two runways with an initial annual passenger handling capacity of approx. 12 million. As of April 2022, the total cost of this airport project is estimated at Rs 29,560 crore. When all 4 phases of this airport are completed, the total passenger capacity is expected to be 70 million per annum. The first flight will take off from this airport by September 2024.
In April 2022, Yamuna International Airport Private Limited (YIAPL) and the Airports Authority of India agreed to the provision of Communication Navigation Surveillance Systems and Air Traffic Management facilities and services at the Jewar International Airport.
Location of Noida International Airport Jewar
The airport will have excellent connectivity owing to its proximity to the existing Yamuna Expressway and close to Eastern Peripheral Expressway. It will be linked with Delhi-Mumbai Expressway at Ballabhgarh. A current 60-meter wide road parallel to the Expressway is proposed to be widened to 100 meters in the next few years.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport – 72 kilometers
- Noida – 60 kilometers
- Gurgaon – 75 kilometers
- Greater Noida – 36 kilometers
- Faridabad – 73 kilometers
- Bulandshahr – 36 Kilometers
- Palwal – 38 kilometers
- Aligarh – 65 kilometers
- Agra – 130 kilometers
Some facts about The Noida International Airport Jewar
- Noida International Airport is the first airport in India conceptualized with an integrated multi-modal cargo hub.
- This international airport will be India’s first net-zero emissions airport.
- After completion, this airport will be Asia’s biggest airport.
- Noida International Airport will also house a state-of-art MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Overhauling) Service.
- The Noida International Airport will be linked to the planned Delhi-Varanasi High-Speed Rail, enabling the journey between Delhi and the airport in only 21 minutes.
- With this international airport in Jewar, Uttar Pradesh will become the only state in India to have five international airports.
- This airport will have a ground transportation canter with a multi-modal transit hub, housing metro and high-speed rail stations, taxi, bus services, and private parking.
- All major nearby highways and expressways like the Yamuna Expressway, Western Peripheral Expressway, Eastern Peripheral Expressway, and Delhi-Mumbai Expressway will be connected to the airport.
- This will be the second international airport to come up in Delhi-NCR, and it will help decongest traffic from Delhi International Airport.
- This airport will have a dedicated cargo terminal with a capacity of 20 lakh metric tonnes, which will be expanded to 80 lakh metric tonnes.
According to many experts, the airport is strategically located and will serve the people of cities Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, Aligarh, Agra, Faridabad, and neighboring areas. The Noida International Airport in Jewar is expected to boost Uttar Pradesh’s economy in terms of investment, job creation, exports, real estate, and tourism. It will become the logistics gateway of northern India.
For any query related to Yamuna Expressway Properties, you can mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9599705565
Read: Things to Remember While Investing in Commercial Property
Pingback: Best locations in Gurgaon to Buy a Property
Pingback: EON - Eye of Noida - Review | VikasJoshi.in
Pingback: Oasis Grandstand Yamuna Expressway - Review